Dear Parents and Carers, my name is Natalie Arciero and I am Strathmore School’s Family Worker. I work across all three Strathmore sites throughout the week and aim to be as accessible for our parents as possible. It is my job to support the families of our students’ access support and guidance on a wide range of topics relating to the needs of their child. This includes:
- Support with applications.
- Support accessing respite or a befriender to support your child outside of school
- Support and advice for challenging behaviours
- Help finding appropriate leisure activities for your child
- Searching for specialised equipment to be used at home and funding for this
- Providing information about what is going on locally for children and young adults with SEND
- Linking families to local organisations that can provide other sources of support
- Applications for disability-specific passes for travel or leisure activities
We aim to have as much input and engagement from our parents and carers as possible throughout the school year and try to nurture good communicative relationships between home and school for the benefit of our pupils. In addition to parents’ evenings, annual reviews, and other school events that parents are welcome to, parents are always welcome to contact me directly at school for specific support.
Parents and carers can contact me directly via email: Narciero@strathmore.org.uk or my work mobile 07809201284 but other staff will also direct you to me if they feel that I can help. Whether it is support with paperwork or just a friendly ear: I am here for everyone. I look forward to working closely with all of our pupils and their families.