Join Our Team
Strathmore is a forward-thinking and innovative special school with a very exciting future ahead of us. We have recently moved into purpose-built accommodation co-located with local, inclusive minded mainstream Primary and Secondary schools.
We are a happy, positive and hard-working day special school for pupils aged 4 - 19 with complex learning difficulties. 60% of pupils have an additional diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorders or have additional physical and sensory disabilities.
Our pupils are at the heart of our vision and we believe that together we make a positive difference. Our school provides real opportunities for aspiring teachers, school leaders and support staff who want to work in a special educational needs environment.
We recognise that the success of our school is largely dependent on the quality of our staff and are committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding individuals.
Our current vacancies are as follows:
Teaching Assistant (TA)
|Start Date:||04 January 2021|
|Contract:||Term Time Only - 39 weeks p.a|
|Hours:||Full Time - 32.5 hours per week|
|Salary:||£19,406 (Spinal Point NJC12)|
Strathmore is a forward-thinking and innovative special school based in purpose-built accommodation co-located with local, inclusive minded mainstream schools.
We are a happy, positive and hard-working day special school for learners aged 4-19 with complex learning difficulties. 60% of pupils have an additional diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorders or have additional physical and sensory disabilities. We work closely with our colleagues from Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care to ensure that our learners receive all the support and challenge they need to achieve. Every pupil has an individual learning programme that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, Physiotherapy and Music Therapy. Our Family Worker provides invaluable encouragement and information to our families. 100% of parents said that their child is happy and enjoys school and that they would recommend Strathmore.
We have very high aspirations for all of our learners and high expectations of ourselves.
Successful candidates will:
- Have experience of working with children and young people. Experience of working with children with SLD/PMLD/ASD is an advantage;
- Have good Communication and Numeracy skills;
- Be creative and have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities;
- Have high expectations of pupils’ achievements relating to learning, independence and behaviour;
- To be considered you will have a GCSE in Maths and English achieved minimum C grade or above.
We offer you:
- Excellent professional development and promotion opportunities;
- Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors;
- A well-resourced school;
- The opportunity to make a significant, positive contribution to the learning and experiences of the pupils in this unique Special School
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the post, you will need to complete the Support Post application form which can be found the school website. www.strathmore.richmond.sch.uk Your letter of application section 9 needs to address the below points:
- Why are you applying for the role of Teaching Assistant?
- What is your interest and experience in SEN?
- What can you bring to the role?
|Closing Date:||5:00 pm on 26th November 2020|
|Interviews:||3rd December 2020|
All application forms should be sent to Carla Osborne, firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is physical in nature and may present emotional and physical demands not common in mainstream schools. The Auriga Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Check with a check of the DBS Barred List.
If you would like to apply, contact the Carla Osborne on email@example.com